Monday, August 31, 2015

Fun fact...

Last week, while visiting the China Through The Looking Glass exhibit at the MET, while perusing the Blue and White room filled with Valentino, and Roberto Cavalli,  I stumbled upon two Rodarte dresses that brought back a slew of memories. 

Years ago, when I was working at Marie Claire, this Spring 2011 collection from Rodarte was what everyone wanted to shoot.  
Finally, I managed to confirm one of the looks for a shoot, but before we could pick-up I had to practically sign my life away - a letter stating that the garments are one of a kind and cannot be repaired, if something happened we would be billed in full for the dress.  It was the first time I had ever come into contact with such a contract for a clothing loan, thus this collection has always left a spark in my mind.




Looks 18 and 20 from Rodarte's Spring 2011 collection at the MET




Look 19 in April 2011 Marie Claire, styled by Alison Edmond, photographed by Tesh






images courtesy of the EJT and AlisonEdmond.com


No comments:

Post a Comment