Thursday, May 23, 2024

Summer ready...

 


It is here! The thing we wait all year for... Summer!

Tennis outside, afternoons spent by the pool with a book, cotton dresses, all things I am looking forward to.  Summer is broken into three chapters for me, Memorial Day, July 4th, and my birthday.

A few things on my list for chapter 1.    

First up, Summer reads.  My photos are filled with screenshots of book recommendations.  A Hundred Summers and the new CBK tome are at the top of my weekend list. 

Next, Little Island.  I am a bad New Yorker, and I have yet to go!  The man-made park off West 14th Street hosts concerts and events all season long.  First up a performance by legendary Twyla Tharp. 

Summer of Seafood.  Fun fact, I love a food that requires a special tool, especially a mallet.  I've been looking forward to a Maryland Crab Boil for months.   

With all this time outside, inevitably I will need some after-sun care.  My beloved Clinique after-sun has seemingly been discontinued.  The new Dior Solar looks worth a try.

The season of the breezy dress.  I know, black for Summer seems crazy - but I love it.  This dress from Dissh has been on my list for a while now - the page has been open on my laptop for weeks!   They also have a pretty white dress with bows! 


No comments:

Post a Comment