Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Pantry...

Confession: I love to clean. I do, order makes me happy.


In January, as part of my New Year clean out, I organized my pantry.  Living in NYC I do not have a true pantry, like those seen on Pinterest.  I had  a few things stored here and there, but there was not a solid system in place.   My goal was to rectify that.   The Home Edit brings me such organizational joy.  Seeing an edited, organized space makes me happy.   
The above was my finished product in January, it is slightly fuller now with my kitchen working harder than ever!  I moved bulk items into mason jars, that I already had, and bought two lazy susans.  
organized the top shelf as the baking shelf - flour and sugar in large glass canisters, confectioners sugar, chocolate chips, et cetera in clear mason  jars. 
The middle shelf is for grains and beans - quinoa, brown rice, couscous, chick peas, lentils.  The labeled glass jars let you know when you need to replenish.
The bottom shelf is for things I use the most - oils, vinegars, honey, stock.  I admit, I never fully understood the lazy susan, but now I get it.  Finding various oils, vinegars, salts and peppers with ease, not digging around, is fantastic!  

The New York Times has a new section called At Home, highlighting things to do, see, listen to while we are all homebound.  Last week, I believe, they discussed creating an orderly pantry.  Wondering what Ina stocks her pantry with in a pandemic, Food52 identifies it all!  

Happy Organizing!

image by EJT
   

No comments:

Post a Comment