Monday, May 4, 2020

Blue Hill...




I say this almost daily, I am beyond impressed with restaurants, companies, individuals who have sat down, examined their craft, and reworked their approach to succeed in the current climate.  Restaurants offering contact less ordering and pick-up, shops donating portions of their already limited sales to charity, fitness instructors moving their classes to screens.  Each provide a service and are able to maintain a slice of normalcy for their clients.

I imagine that restaurants will remain closed in the NY area for a while longer.   Blue Hill is using their resources to create to-go orders.  You can choose from a veggie box, protein box, pastry box (!), garde manger box (supplementing your pantry), bread, eggs, beverages, and beyond.  I cannot wait to order one, or two, for this weekend!  Bravo Dan Barber. 

One of my favorite Dan Barber stories is when Alain Ducasse went to visit Blue Hill and had opinions on Barber's famous butter.  Read the full story here.

And, if you are like me and miss the 92Y lecture series terribly, watch Ira Glass in conversation with Dan Barber from 2014.  I was in the audience at this lecture!




No comments:

Post a Comment