Sunday, March 22, 2020

Ways to help...



One of my first thoughts after this pandemic reared its ugly head on all of us was 'how can I help'?  I slipped a note under my older neighbors door, saying that if they need anything to please call; I checked in with my doorman on elderly persons, offering my assistance. As this virus is so contagious, there is little we can physically do.  

Some smaller businesses are donating a portion of proceeds to causes related to Covid-19.  
Hill House Home: offering 10% of sales to Gods Love We Deliver in NYC and RoomtoGrow.org; 10% discount on bedding and bath items.

Khaite: 10% of all sales will go to Baby2Baby over the next month.

Aerin: 20% of sales from Home Decor and Tabletop will go to Gods Love We Deliver thru April 15th.

While shopping is not at the top of everyone's to-do list, there is something to be said about having your purchase help in some way.

Goop provided a great round-up of links to aid organizations.

Honorable mention goes out to AllBirds, they are offering a free pair of shoes to any healthcare worker that reaches out to them.  They received so many emails that their server crashed.  Not to worry, they are working on ways to make more shoes available.






image via thisisglamorous.com




No comments:

Post a Comment