Monday, January 25, 2021

NYC to-do...

 

One of the many things I miss in life now is visiting Art Galleries and Museums.  I saw Donald Judd at MoMA last Fall, and went to the Costume Institute at the MET this Winter.  But, there are so many more things I want to see!  Now, in this frigid final week of January, I am going to do it; going to check these off my to-do list.

Church & Rothko: Sublime

This exhibit has been all over my instagram feed.  I love Rothko and have never seen an exhibit of his work.  Gallery appointments are needed for entry.

The Collection of Mr. And Mrs. John H. Gutfreund

 The famed 834 Fifth Avenue apartment of Mr. and Mrs. Gutfreund is now on display at Christie's, ahead  of auction.  From tabletop wonders, to Chanel jewelry (she was friends with Karl), plus furniture and decor.  On view thru January 29th.

David Hockney: Drawing From Life 

Known for his pools and portraits of those close to him, Hockney is arguably one of the most renowned living artists today.  The exhibit follows the artist as his work adapts to modern day, and reminisces on works past. On view thru May 30.


above, a room from 834 Fifth Avenue, via Christie's


No comments:

Post a Comment